Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A little about myself... :)

Welcome to my Blog,

My name is AmtusSalam and I am commonly known with my nick name Annie. I am from Pakistan.
I am teaching Islamic Studies in a private school for higher secondary classes. Although I am an Islamic Studies teacher but my academic background is Masters in Arabic. I love learning and teaching. I  believe that questioning increases knowledge, so in my teaching I motivate my students to ask questions.
I like to read books and have written some Islamic ones. I am also the editor of the newsletter in my Institute.
I love thinking and relating modern science with Islam.
When free, I usually spend time with my kids and decorating my home.
Personlly I don't like watching TV. In this case some may find me boring :) but in my opinon its a waste of time.
Apart from the above, I like to visit new places.

Why am I on this course? My hopes are high regarding this program because I think it will help us to learn and apply. Modern way of teaching will be benefical for the new generation.

I am a novice when it comes to IT and I do hope one of you might help and guide me.

I hope this hard yet pleasent journey leads to success.

Best of luck to all,
Annie

5 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,

    I really like the name of your blog; learning is part of the road to an individual's success, whether that be professional advancement or more importantly, personal development.

    I look forward to reading your postings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,

    I don't like TV either! Although I do watch tv, I don't think it is good for me and try to restrict my viewing time.

    Here is a good site if you are interested in learning about educational technology: http://www.elearning-arab-academy.com/

    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the course Annie. I hope that we can build a community to support you in your use of IT and that by the end of module two you will be much more confident in using it to enhance student learning. Good luck and welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way - I don't much like TV either -most modern programming corrodes your ability to think, in my opinion anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed meeting with you yesterday, I think your technical learning curve is steep but I am sure it will be rewarding in many ways :)

    ReplyDelete